EISENHOWER RIDGE BUILDING 19
Originally constructed from 1886 through 1960, the Eisenhower 19 building is one of the 38 historic buildings on the Dwight D. Eisenhower VA Medical Center campus in Leavenworth, Kansas. Treanor HL Architects, in coordination with Straub Construction, provided historic preservation and architectural restoration services to convert this historic building to a modern office with a large training room and workspace for 400 people. Byers Glass and Mirror was specifically involved with restoring the historic two-story front porch and the brick and stone exterior as well as repairing the historic windows. Completed in 2011, this project served as part of the VA’s initiative to improve billing and collection activities by providing space for the new Central Plains CPAC – which also brought 400 new jobs to the area.